Thursday, November 12, 2009

JUDGE ELECT DAVE KREZELAK RESIGNS

Havre City Judge elect David Krezelak made an astonishing move this morning when he announced he was declining the position of City Judge. Voters cast 1,686 votes for Krezelak less than 10 days ago giving him the victory in the non partisan race over his opponent Margaret Hencz who received 1,085 votes. Krezelak cited “personal reasons” for his decision.  Current City Judge, Joyce Perszyk didn't seek re-election and her term expires at the end of the year.

It is our understanding that the City Council is placing the appointment of a replacement on the council agenda to formulate a plan. We will keep you posted as we learn more.

4 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear this as I cast my vote for my old HS buddy Dave. I wonder if he is gonna stay at the Fire Dept still? Best of luck to you Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am sorry the my friend Krez made this decision but I am sure he had good reason. NOw I would hope through the application process and the ultimate choosing of our next City Judge that our city council would make the right choise at this time and that would be Margret Hencz In my humble oppinion if she should apply for the position. She does seem to have the necessary credentials for the job. The council should remember this is a non partisn postion. Good luck Krez

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder if he just found out about the Hatch Act. Maybe he was planning to be a firefighter at the same time as he was functioning as a judge. That's a no no.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Open comment to Dave Krezelak. I hope you and your family are well and good! It must have been an extremely difficult decision to withdrawl. Although I supported Margaret (she has great credentials for the judge position), I think you are a stand up guy! Best wishes as you move forward!

    ReplyDelete