Wednesday, February 17, 2010

SICK OF WINTER YET?

I watched the news on KRTV and saw the story about all the ice in Great Falls and the big wreck between 3 school buses and a few cars. For once Havre had better conditions and weather than Great Falls. They have been warmer all winter while we have been in a pocket of misery just close-in around the City. And now this! More shoveling! Is it ever going to end?


On a positive note the City is doing a much better job of keeping the ruts out of the streets this year. They at least have been blading so the streets aren’t rutted . Thank you

6 comments:

  1. New Mayor
    New Game
    New priorities

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the snow! Can't ice fish without the ice. I appreciated the City taking care of the streets the way they are. Attempting to keep the ruts down help me while I drive a School Bus on an in town route.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should have added the County and State. They are both doing well with the Streets. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What I don't understand is, the last time I was in Havre they were plowing the roads @ 08:00 (that is when the roads there are busy).. do it @ 04:30 that way they have the whole road to themselves so they could do a better job, AND it would drastically cut labor cost..

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry, but am I driving on the same Havre streets you all are? No, Havre has not done a good job this year. Mr. Peterson said in a radio interview last week or so that we (Havre) didn't get the weather they (City)was anticipating (periodic melts) and when they put sand down, the street cleaner has to work harder to clean up the mess. Two points... this in MT you can't "COUNT" on any weather so you need to be prepared and two, I'd rather have the street sweeper out every day all summer then have preventable accidents on unsanded intersections.

    ReplyDelete