Thursday, January 12, 2012

Treasurer’s Office Disaster

This could be a disaster for those addicted to Ho Ho’s. The Hostess Brands, Inc filed for bankruptcy protection again. Hostess cites declining sales and rising labor and pension costs. The company listed assets of $981.6 million and liabilities of $1.43 billion on Dec 10, 2011. Forbes.com reported recently that Hostess Brands, Inc had revenues of $2.5 billion in 2011. I wonder if it is just a coincidence that this decline in sales came on the heels of our Hill County Treasurer’s office new management? I haven’t noticed the big displays of junk food at the county work stations since the big election upset last year.  Maybe I just happened to be there on a non-junk food day but it certainly seems to be a bit more professional and I am assuming Ho Ho sales to county employees is way off.

I am off to buy a case of Ho Ho’s while they are still available. With all the preservatives I would think I can buy a decade’s supply and probably be OK with freshness.

2 comments:

  1. Always preferred Drake's Cakes Ring Dings, Yodels, Devil Dogs, Yankee Doodles and coffee cake (not available in Montana).

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might not have seen the ding dongs when you were at the treasurers office but they are there

    I can still smell them

    ReplyDelete