Friday, December 11, 2009

HILLBILLY COUNTY


I spent some time trolling the net last night looking for some precinct maps that would tell me what precincts make up the Ward 3 seat so I can start my search for a replacement for Kaul and what did I find? You got it, absolutely nothing usable. I am told I have to go to the Clerk and Recorders office and they will make me a photo copy of the map. While I am there I will also be getting a map of Mike Anderson’s Commissioner District as he also needs to join Kaul “back in the audience”


What I did find in my search was that the Hill County Website has lots of “current” information. See it for yourself here    http://co.hill.mt.us/default.htm 

Notice that Doug Kaercher is a commissioner, Cyndee Peterson is County Attorney, and Greg Szudera is sheriff. Very impressive website. Folks in power in Hill County sure make it difficult for anyone that wants to make changes in the county. I do suppose that their excuse for this shabby website is that the “Pool” lawsuit and the “annexation” problem have depleted their resources.

Just compare “our” website with that of Lewis and Clark County. Website  http://www.co.lewis-clark.mt.us/home.html  They have excellent maps of all their precincts also. Maps  http://www.co.lewis-clark.mt.us/index.php?id=990  Click on precinct 3 here in Lewis and Clark County and you will even see maps with the lots defined and a house number on each. Why are we so behind the times here in the “Ozarks” of Montana?

Never fear, the Havre Daily Corrector will be providing you maps of some sort soon so our readers can help us find candidates to run against the incumbents that have over stayed their welcome, regardless of party affiliation.

4 comments:

  1. That was a nice map in Lewis and Clark. Wouldn't it be better just to post a page with phon e numbers rather then this out of date site? Rather embarrassing to see.

    The City, on the other hand, has a very nice page

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lived in the Ozarks. They are way ahead of us when it comes to civil processes and actions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just an FYI to you all...the Hill County website, to my understanding, was created and "updated" by their very own totally trustworthy and computer savvy Computer Center owner (and dictator to the County) Paul Rainey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just an FYI to you all...the Hill County website, to my knowledge, was created by no other than the very trustworthy, computer savvy Computer Center owner (and dictator to the County) Paul Rainey!

    ReplyDelete