Wednesday, December 30, 2009

UNBELIEVABLE SUPRISE


I nearly dropped my dentures this afternoon as I was driving down sunny Third Street and ran into the city crews out actually removing snow from the street. Being as I am accused at times of being a little senile I double checked my calendar and saw that it was indeed December 29th, a full 6 days away from Havre having a new Mayor. Is Mayor Bob giving us a belated Christmas present this year? After all the anguish navigating the deep ruts in unplowed snow last winter I just naturally assumed that the taxpayers of our fine city would once again be left shortchanged in the snow removal budget. I was kind of hoping the new mayor would alter the budget to prioritize some aspect of snow removal this winter but this was a welcome sight prior to the changing of the city regime. Kudos to the City Public Works for responding to the heat dumped upon them during last year’s failed snow removal performance. Could it be that the department heads have actually taken over the operations of their respective departments already?


I can hardly wait for fall and the arrival of a repaired leaf vacuum truck once again. Here’s hoping to a better year and my best wishes to all for a Happy and prosperous New Year.

5 comments:

  1. Maybe the department heads are just following Bob Kauls lead and running amuck?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who cares why it is happening, I am just very happy that it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They plowed the snow last year. Some poor souls actually had to dig their cars out from the plowed snow on 3rd street, especially in the area between 3rd Avenue and about 7th Avenue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. winters not over yet and they didn't clean up anything on my street

    ReplyDelete
  5. so get out youre shovel the city cant please everybody

    ReplyDelete