Monday night should prove to be interesting at the ole City Hall. The ordinance regarding the traveling MM sellers’ hits final reading as well as the new improved lesser effort weed ordinance is on first reading. Word is that a huge crowd is expected which usually results in some interesting performances from the council members. Not seeing anything on the agenda about cats but maybe they are saving that to surprise us. Interim zoning hearing at 6:30. See you there.
Council agenda for May 3, 2010
Call to Order
Pledge of Allegiance.
1. Approval of Minutes for April 19
2. Historic Preservation Commission-Preservation awards.
(1) Handicap parking request.
(2) Grazing request.
(3) Street closure-Lil Shot’s Carnival
(4) Street closure– 3-on-3 Basketball Tournament.
4. Ordinance No. 867-An Ordinance of the City Council of the City of Havre, Montana, Amending Section 5-6-1 and Adding Section 5-6-5 of the Havre City Code to Prohibit the Sale or Distribution of Medical Marijuana Within the City Limits Either by Vehicle or from a Temporary Location (FINAL READING)
5. Ordinance No. 868—AnInterim Zoning Ordinance of the City Council of the City of Havre, Montana, Imposing Restrictions Upon the Location, Opening, Operation and Licensing of Any Establishments That Grow, Sell, or Distribute Medical Marijuana and Directing the Study of New Proposed Ordinances to Regulate Such Establishments.
6. Ordinance No. 869—Ordinance of the City Council of the City of Havre, Montana Amending Rules Governing Noxious and Nuisance Weeds in the City of Havre. (FIRST READING)
7. Resolution No. 3562—A Resolution Revising the Employee Policy Manual Adopted June 18, 2001.
8. Committee Reports
9. Approval of April’s claims and manual warrants.
10. Public Comment-Limited to any public matter within the jurisdiction of the City Council not on this agenda
11. Motion to Adjourn
Finance Committee 5 p.m.
Public Hearing—Interim Zoning Ordinance 6:30 p.m.